Sunday, June 03, 2007

Stay Gold...
The other night we had a sunset that reminded me of one of my favourite movies as a teenager, studied in English class at school: The Outsiders. If you've not been fortunate enough to hear of or see this movie, go to the following links: http://www.theoutsidersbookandmovie.com/ and/or http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086066/

In the movie, one of the characters, Ponyboy reads a poem by Robert Frost. Here's the poem:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower,
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf,
So Eden sank to grief.
So dawn goes down to day,
Nothing gold can stay.

And the famous last lines said later on in the movie by his friend Johnny...

Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.

Anyway, whenever I see a really golden sunset this poem always seems to enter into my head...or at least the lines from Johnny of: "Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay Gold".

So I thought I'd share with you all just how beautiful and gold the sky was the other night (23rd May. Here are some photos from our roof top...


No comments: